Hi, I'm Braden, I am currently seeking work as a Software Engineer!.
Welcome to my online portfolio. Here you can browse my work and find out more about me.
I'm a software engineer. I am currently based in Austin, TX working as a Software Development Engineer in Test. Some accomplishments include leading a QA effort and structure for a team as well as performing automtion for customer facing web products that did not have any previously. Though I am currently a SDET I do have prior development experience. Formerly I worked for Walt Disney Company as a Software Engineer developing web and mobile applications for their parks.
I am always/currently looking to continue to grow within either QA or SDET roles. Companies with great culture and work life balance are a plus.
During my time at Disney, I was able to create and present some UI work on their main mobile application, My Disney Experience, which allowed guests to plan their day around the park. This can be found on the App Store as well.
One of the largest and currently ongoing project I had with the company Accruent, was to headstart a new process of QA due to a large structure change of team members on the product. As well as starting an automation framework for the prodcut as it previously had none prior. This allowed certain tasks to be done more swiftly and allowed the team to more easily catch breaks in development since the process would run automatically each day. https://www.accruent.com/resources/brochures/vfafacility
During my time at Raytheon I was tasked with creating a sample homepage made in Angularjs and giving their new page a responsive functionality.
Mississippi State University BS | Software Engineer | Spring 2014
• Implemented automation procedures and practices to check status of a product’s API and UI functionality. (Python, Robot Framework, Selenium, Jenkins). • Prepared, managed and executed Test Cases and Test Runs to define processes to test for bug identification.. • Worked with multiple engineering teams, Devops, Hosting, & Products departments to ensure quality software is built and delivered from planning to release. • Helped implement test code standards and quality gate checks while leading test case migration effort into qTest.
• Created iOS applications in Objective - C and Swift under an enterprise environment, maintained with Github online repositories. • Assembled database procedures by applying SQL cross table referencing to retrieve information for clients. • Used standard methodologies for the research and development of new technologies. • Lead the design direction effort of a new internal processing website, creating more user/mobile friendly site. • Developed automated software in C that would process audits through SQL Server and SAP.
• Developed an iOS application compatible for both iPhone and iPad and also previous iOS operating systems. • Maintained and developed databases using PHP and SQL to allow web and iOS applications to pull data.
• Formatted web pages with proper banking information using custom C# functions to access database and jQuery widgets for easier user interface. • Compiled various banking reports using a combination of XSLT to gather correct XML elements. • Redesigned and restructured from the ground up the company’s main website, while coordinating with a project manager and graphic designer. • Helped test and implement an Agile programming philosophy to manage the development process using JIRA. • Performed QA on various reports and sites before sending out the final product to clients.
• Designed and implemented building-wide activities for over 500 residents • Supervised over 40 residents and promoted positive community living within the residence hall • Resolved community conflicts in a professional manner and documented any housing problems.
• Formatted data files for proper analysis by applying Perl loop functions. • Worked 40 hours a week and 8 hours a day while still enrolled in classes. • Resolved community conflicts in a professional manner and documented any housing problems. • Coordinated and planned with a graduate student to present a bio-computing program to a campus event.
Organized weekly meetings. Led a team of students to organize community building activites for residential halls.
Responsible with coordinating the refreshments to be provided for the MREAL conference 2013. Also assisted in the process of enlisting volunteers.
Participated in a freshman engineer program that helped students to better understand the concepts of engineering as well as show the importance of what engineering can do. Also got students involved in community building activites such as Habitat for Humanity.
Awarded Resident Advisor of the month out of a total of 200 other Resident Advisors on campus.
Awarded Student of the month for the Computer Science department out of a total class of 400 students.
Thanks for stopping by!